Devereau's was established in 1884, by the Devereau family. In later years, Peter Canipa started his career by working for Devereau's from the age of 13. He delivered fish and kippers on a push bike to most of the Hotels along Douglas promenade.
Having worked at Devereau's for years, Peter bought the small Kipper Curing factory and kipper shop from the Devereau family in 1972. As the years have passed and business grown, we now have 2 Kipper shops and have bought a larger Kipper Curing factory, four times the size of the original.
We supply Kippers through out the Island and to many wholesale fishmarkets in the U.K. such as Fleetwood, Manchester, Liverpool, London and Grimsby.
Our Kippers are even in "Harrods".